University of Western Sydney Relocation
The University of Western Sydney is an Australian multi-campus university in the Greater Western region of Sydney, Australia.
The university was relocating its on-campus network infrastructure to Macquarie Data Centre's city-based data centre. The relocation was to be completed with:
- minimum interruption to services;
- accurate documentation of existing cabling infrastructure;
- ·minimum risk of damage to equipment.
IDC had to coordinate the relocation of business-critical systems and connections after hours without disruption to services during business hours. The success of the project relied on the coordination of customer, data centre and IDC stakeholders.
IDC Solutions provided industry expertise to facilitate relocation. IDC Solutions assigned a dedicated team of engineers to plan, execute and follow-up with the network relocation. Dedicated project management resources coordinated all parties involved.
The project included:
- Budget Preparation
- Project Planning and Project Management
- Facility Improvement Recommendations and Specifications
- ·Vendor Coordination and Oversight
- Server Systems Relocation and Setup
- LAN/WAN establishment and testing
- Structured copper cabling with 528 cables
- Structured fibre optic cabling with 12 12-core cables and 4 24-core cables, along with splicing.
- Providing power supply equipment into the customer’s racks.