Power Usage Effectiveness (PUE) metrics have now received broad adoption in the industry. PUE enables Data Centre operators to quickly estimate the energy efficiency of their Data Centre and determine if any energy efficiency improvements need to be made.
However, whilst the actual calculation of Power Usage Effectiveness is simple, the collection of the data required as input to the calculation is not always as simple.
Typically Data Centre Managers will already have infrastructure that provides a “high” level of metering. Some may already be able to achieve a PUE based on the capture of “static information”. Others may be using local UPS data. But simply utilising the load data on a UPS is not sufficient to accurately understand PUE.
IDC Solutions Pty Ltd is offering a FREE onsite review of the progress of implementation of PUE data collection, which includes assessment of the existing power monitoring capability of a Building, Data Centre, Computer Room or Closet.
This onsite assessment will provide your customer with an understanding of the distribution of power costs across multiple locations, users, clients or tenants.
Our qualified technicians can provide an onsite assessment of:
- Building power architecture
- Data Centre Power Architecture
- Existing power monitoring status
- Sub Board capacity to be monitored
- Ability to provide real time PUE data
- Rack level power monitoring
- Location or User monitoring capability
With a precise Power Monitoring implementation, Data Centre Managers will be able to:
- Analyse existing and develop future Power Efficiency strategies
- Understand the ROI on power reduction investments
- Provide user Cost Allocation Data
- Review all data in real time and continuously measure
Contact us if you’re interested in a Free PUE Progress Assessment.